Monday, January 8, 2018


I have been dealing with acne for the last 14 years. I have tried A TON of different things to help (dietary changes, prescription medications, home remedies, over the counter products, etc.) and some have worked to a certain extent, but I still deal with occasional breakouts and lots of scaring from over a decade of cystic acne. 
In the last few 2-3 years I have been able to get my breakouts under control (stopped wearing foundation for the most part, using a lot more natural skin care and just getting older) but I was/am still super self-conscious about my scarring/texture. 
I had been planning on saving up to get a chemical peel or laser treatment, but luckily I stumbled across Makeup Artist's Choice before I went through with some stupidly pricey in-office treatments!
I have pretty sensitive skin so I started out with the 25% Mandelic Acid peel and was so pleased with my initial few peels that I bought the 40% Mandelic Acid peel and the TCX Fusion peel. I have seen a decrease in congested pores and breakouts when I use any of these peels regularly. I also have seen a noticeable improvement in my hyper-pigmentation and pitted scarring from previous acne. And as an added bonus, the fine lines between my eyebrows are also less noticeable!   
I have only used the TCX Fusion peel twice because the peeling period after is a bit longer and more noticeable, but I love all of these peels! I don't experience any stinging or burning with either of the Mandelic Acid peels. The TCX Fusion peel is fairly uncomfortable while it is on and when I neutralize it, but once that is over with, it is totally fine. Standing in front of a fan while it's working its magic helps a lot to keep the stinging/burning sensation to a minimum. My skin is dry in addition to being sensitive (lucky me!), so I just make sure I use a generous amount of moisturizer for a couple of days following any of these peels. For post TCX Fusion peel care, I have kept a bottle of orange blossom water in my bag/at my desk at work to spray my face with when it feels particularly tight. 
I am so pleased with the results that I have seen so far! I have been using MUAC peels for about 8 months now, and I can't wait to continue to use them and try out more! I honestly would encourage anyone struggling with pretty much any skin issues give these peels a go. They are so affordable and effective, you really have very little to lose! 
These photos show the improvement that I've experienced so far. As you can see, my skin tone is so much more even and the texture has decreased as well. I'm not wearing any makeup in any of the photos and my skin now looks better now without foundation than it used to with it! 

BEFORE
AFTER



BEFORE
AFTER